Warner Bro’s has decided not to release HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS: PART 1 in 3D! There is an explaination from the producer which I will post below but its extremely unforunate as most of the trailers/promotional material thats been released so far has included the whole 3D!
“Despite everyone’s best efforts, we were unable to convert the film in its entirety and meet the highest standards of quality,” Warners said in a statement. “We do not want to disappoint fans who have long-anticipated the conclusion of this extraordinary journey, and to that end, we are releasing our film day-and-date on November 19, 2010 as planned. We, in alignment with our filmmakers, believe this is the best course to take in order to ensure that our audiences enjoy the consummate ‘Harry Potter’ experience.”
Producer David Heyman said: “For 10 years, we have worked alongside Alan Horn and the studio, whose priority has always been to preserve the integrity of Jo Rowling’s books as we have adapted them to the screen, and this decision reflects that commitment.”
Director David Yates added: “This decision, which we completely support, underscores the fact that Warner Bros has always put quality first.”
So there you have it, Looks like the conversion wasn’t up to scratch! Which is understandable considering the whole ‘Clash of the Titans’ Saga. The first part will still be available in IMAX theaters on the 18th November and the “Deathly Hallows: Part 2” is still planned for a 2D and 3D release on July 14th, 2011.
Check out the new Character Posters Below.